Sunday 29 March 2009

Weekend and going back to Leeds...

Last night was Jani, a Latvian festival celebrating the Spring Equinox (or whatever they call it). I had a fantastic time with my friends, and it was good to spend some proper time with them, as well as beating Murgy 4-1 on Pro Evolution Soccer whilst absolutely hammered (Murgy also beat Ansis 10-1, which is why Ansis should never take me on in a game of PES, it's only going to end in tears).

Went to see my granddad today back at his house. I hadn't been there since my gran's funeral, which is now just under 3 years ago. To be absolutely honest it was quite difficult for me, especially after last night's antics, I could barely stay awake! But seriously, it was to see him again and to spend time with the family.

Whilst there I watched a programme called Geisha Girl on BBC iPlayer. It was a program about a girl who moved from northern Japan to Kyoto to train to become a Maiko, a trainee geisha. It was a fascinating documentary, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it, so I applaud these girls for managing to stay sane in the face of their incredibly hectic schedules! If you want to watch this programme in full, go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0074s37/Geisha_Girl/

One more thing, congrats to Jenson Button for his F1 GP win in Melbourne, but two things bug me:

  1. The head of BMW claimed that Kubica would have won the race if Vettel hadn't crashed into him (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7970668.stm), so here's Heathy's Top Tip. Watch the race, BMW. Button was ahead for the first 55 laps, I doubt Kubica would have caught up in the final 3 seeing as he was locked in a second/third place battle with Vettel at the time of the crash. I'm not saying Kubica isn't a good driver, because he is, but Button absolutely dominated that race from start to finish.
  2. Everyone knows that the new rules were supposed to encourage overtaking, yet there were 3 separate incidents of people crashing because of overtaking. Two of them came down to (in my opinion) reckless driving first by Barichello, then by Vettel. Overtaking is all well and good, but can't they do it without making stupid, unnecessary risks like those displayed. Another Top Tip for Red Bull, if you're driver has no nose cone, I highly suggest against telling your driver to keep on going, that's just plain stupid.

Ok, rant over, back in Leeds on Tuesday, see you then.

Heathy

No comments:

Post a Comment